With a little help from the AJC’s Ken Sugiura, we have finally seen Geoff Collins’ first “Above The Line” Chart at Georgia Tech.
Ken mentions in the article that there are a total of 66 players on the chart.
So what’s interesting about this chart?
- The first thing I noticed is that there are three quarterbacks above the line. That’s not super surprising, but I’m interested to see who of the three play on Thursday.
- There’s a lot of younger guys above the line. Specifically at receiver, there are three true freshmen. Two true freshmen are also above the line at defensive end (Sylvain Yondjouen and Chico Bennett) and corner (Jordan Huff and Kenan Johnson).
- Jamious Griffin is above the line. All aboard the HYPE train!
- Tech has two kickers. Both are on scholarship, and both are above the line. Will Brenton King finally be healthy enough to show what he can do, and can Wesley Wells hold him off?
- One of the bigger surprises in my opinion is Demetrius Knight being above the line at linebacker. Originally committing as a quarterback, Knight moved over the linebacker after Collins came in, and figures to play a role there.
What do you like about the ATL chart?