In a back and forth game, where both teams worked to gift victory to the other, the Jackets make a 4th down stop to pick up the first conference win of the Geoff Collins era as well as the Jackets first win at Miami since 2007.
- Tech wins at Miami for the first time since 2007 and give Geoff Collins his first ACC win of his Georgia Tech tenure.
- Jordan Mason is a grown man, he had 20 carries for 141 yards and the go ahead touchdown for the Yellow Jackets. He led a stable of backs that averaged 4.6 yards per carry and was able to pick up the tough yards when needed.
- After struggling in the first half, the offense put together two long drives, one 14 play and one 16 play, to help keep the ball out of the hands of the Miami offense.
- Pressley Harvin III averages 45.5 yards per punt on 6 punts, and threw a beautiful touchdown pass to Nate Cottrell to keep the Jackets in the game.
- The Defense held the Canes scoreless in the second half, forcing two field goals that were missed.
- The Jacket defense again struggled against the run, giving up 4.9 yards per carry as well as 7.6 yards per carry to Cam’Ron Harris.
- The Jackets punt coverage team struggled, giving up 34 yards per return on two returns.
- Neither long drive resulted in points, a 50+ yard field goal made was negated by a false start and a Jordan Mason fumble ended the other.
- The Jackets didn’t convert a third down until the 2nd half.
- Self inflicted, the Jackets had several positive plays negated by procedure penalties.
How are you celebrating today?