Cool things to note in the video:
- The kick actually did come out lower than it should have -- as shown, it should have been about 15 degrees higher. If even about 10 degrees higher, it still may have won the game for Florida State.
- Pat Gamble got his hand over 9 feet in the air to block the kick, as he was being held down by his blocker. If the whole "football" thing doesn't work out for him, Gamble might be able to manage a future in basketball.
- A lot of times, I'll use the phrase "he's got about 20 pounds on the other guy" as a way of saying the player weighed 20 pounds more than the other. In this case, it's somewhat the opposite. Lance Austin "had" over 75 pounds on the Seminoles' on-field players, in the sense that he was that might lighter. Florida State likely made a similar mistake to the one Alabama made by loading their field goal team with offensive linemen who were unable to chase down the speedy Austin.
- Chris Milton's block was almost subtle, but SO CRUCIAL.
- Austin made a really impressive cut to get past Aguayo.
What a downright amazing moment.