I may have forgotten to post half of this article yesterday, but you know what I haven’t forgotten? Georgia Tech football starts tomorrow! Let’s round out the predictions!
- Season Predictions: Here are my game-by-game predictions:
Northern Illinois - This should and will be a comfortable win.
Kennesaw State - The first half will be way too close, but Tech will pull away in the second half and win.
Clemson - lol
UNC - I think Tech keeps this close for a little bit, but they won’t be able to outlast Mack and the Heels.
Pitt - I just want to see Pat Narduzzi lose, so I’m gonna say that Tech wins this one.
Duke - Tech wins big, maybe the biggest win margin of the year.
UVA - This one is in Charlottesville, so I’m gonna give the edge to UVA.
VT - Justin Fuente is sitting on a dumpster fire, so I think Tech should be able to win this one.
Miami - I don’t think Manny Diaz is a good coach, but I’m not confident that Georgia Tech’s defense can contain D’Eriq King, so I’ll give da U a slight edge here.
BC - Phil Jurkovec ran for nearly 100 yards against Tech’s defense last year, his highest mark of the season. I also think Boston College might be the second-best team in the Coastal this year, so I’ll give this one to them.
ND - It will probably be closer than you think, but I don’t think Tech will win this one.
UGA - It will be closer than the Clemson game, but I think you’re delusional if you think this won’t be a double-digit loss.
Tech finishes 5-7 (3-5 ACC), and the season is pretty much over after Boston College.
- Bold Predictions: Give me Jeff Sims throwing for 2,500 yards with at least 20 touchdowns and less than 10 picks, cementing him as one of the top QBs in the conference. I’ll also take Jahmyr Gibbs getting at least 1,700 all-purpose yards. Also this is the most sacks the Georgia Tech defense will have since the pre-2010 defenses.
- Season Predictions: Georgia Tech game by game:
Northern Illinois - comfortable win
Kennesaw State - blowout win
Clemson - blowout loss
UNC - close loss
Pitt - close win
Duke - blowout win
UVA - close loss
VT - close win
Miami - comfortable loss
BC - close win
ND - close loss
UGAg - blowout loss
Birmingham Bowl on the day after Christmas
CFP: Oklahoma (only undefeated), Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State. Crazy, I know.
- National Champ: Oklahoma. Rattler and the best defense Lincoln Riley has ever had takes the crown while the other contenders break in new QBs.
- Bold Predictions: Jeff Sims is the third best quarterback in the ACC and puts himself on the national radar for 2022. Jahmyr Gibbs lives up to the hype, finishing the year with 1500 yards from scrimmage and 15 touchdowns. Jordan Domineck hits double digit sacks, GT’s first such performance since Derrick Morgan in 2009.
- Season Predictions: I think Tech finishes 5-7 with wins over Northern Illinois, Kennesaw State, and Duke. I think they take at least two of three from VPISU, Virginia, Pitt, and Boston College. Miami and North Carolina have paths to victory, too, even if going to Clemson and Notre Dame, along with hosting the school in Athens leaves that hunt for a sixth win rather difficult. But it is certainly possible.
- Bold Predictions: Tech is going bowling. The offense will click and the defense will see some nice bounce backs from key players, and that’s enough to call this season positive, one of growth, and a success.
- Season Predictions: Game by game:
NIU - Comfortable Win
Kennesaw State - Blowout Win
Clemson - Bad Loss
UNC - Close Loss
Pitt - Sloppy Win (Sloppy games are tradition with these two)
Duke - Good Win (Cutcliffe’s Final Year)
UVA - Close Win
VT - Heartbreaking Loss
Duh U - Never in Doubt Loss
BC - Close Loss
Notre Dame - Not a blowout but not close
UGA - Bobby Dodd Stadium must endure another of barking
- Bold Predictions: Georgia Tech will upset UNC. Gibbs will be a dark horse candidate for the Heisman. The defense will finish in the top half of the ACC. A major 4-star recruit will flip from a blue blood program to Tech. One of our preview articles will get an entire opposing fanbases Twitter army ticked off at us. Stephen and Carter will say something nice about Geoff Collins at some point in the season.
- Season Predictions: 5-7 (3-5) Miss a bowl.
- Bold Predictions: This team gets more sacks than any Tech team in the last decade.
- Season Predictions: I will cry at least once on the result of a blown kickoff coverage leading to a touchdown. There will be at least 2 meme pictures of a Georgia Tech fan looking miserable at one of our games while we are losing in some horrible fashion. With all that said we will probably find a way to ruin another team’s season, probably UNC, VT, or Miami, by beating them unexpectedly and ruining any chance they had at winning the Coastal. I expect nothing less from my rambling wreck of a football program.
- Bold Predictions: We will have no COVID issues as a team... PLEASE let that be the case. Jeff Sims ups his average completion percentage to 61% and throws less than 10 interceptions on the year. We achieve a positive turnover ratio by the end of the season.
- Season Predictions
Wins against NIU, Kennesaw, Duke, UVA, VT, and BC for a final record of 6-6.
1000 yards rushing (1300 all-purpose) from Jahmyr Gibbs
25 passing TDs from Jeff Sims
<30 points-per-game allowed
Malachi Carter is the leading receiver
- Bold Predictions
8 wins (7 regular season + one bowl)
1500 yards rushing (1800 all-purpose) from Jahmyr Gibbs
4+ ACC Second or First Team players