Georgia Tech picked up its fifth commitment in the 2022 Recruiting class this afternoon, when Wide Receiver DJ Moore II made his pledge to the Yellow Jackets public.
100% COMMITTED— derrick (dj) Moore (@DjmooreII) May 27, 2021
GT added another Metro Atlanta target in Moore, who plays at Archer High just outside of Lawrenceville. At 6-1, 185 lbs., he’s a good-sized target with a nice blend of strength and speed. He held P5 offers from Pitt and Maryland, and he’s currently rated as a 5.5 3 Star on Rivals and an 85 on 247, but the lack of ability for coaches and analysts to attend HS games this past fall may have disproportionately affected him so far in the evaluation process. His film reveals a broad skillset and a ton of explosive plays.
- Archer needs a new camera guy. You should call them if you’re interested.
- The opening play shows good speed from Moore to get open and then pull away on a deep touchdown. He runs a self-reported 4.45 40 yard yard dash.
- He shows great burst getting up the field to score on a shovel pass at 1:25.
- He shows his physicality, going up to grab the ball over two defenders at 1:40.
- Like our beloved punting son, the dearly departed Pressley Harvin III, Moore has great deep touch on a trick play (1:56).
- He showed great quickness and cutting ability on a long kickoff return.
As plenty of other receiver targets are still on the board and in play, Coach Dixon and company must really like what they see in DJ Moore. He’s a solid addition as the second WR in this class, and the staff will likely look to take one more if one of their top targets wants to come. The 2022 class has another piece in place.