This was an interview I’ve been waiting for. Coach Paul Johnson’s AJC piece featured a lot of interesting tidbits. Here are a few of the details from the piece:
- CPJ has been doing a bit of coaching for a middle school team in his hometown
- His efforts as a middle school assistant coach have been more on the defensive side of the ball
- Aside from golfing, trading stocks has been one of CPJ’s pastimes
- CPJ assisted with or at least provided his insights and opinions on installing option elements for Baltimore Ravens’ quarterback Lamar Jackson (not exactly breaking news, but worth mentioning)
The middle-school coaching gig was more of a part-time gig with the team that’s coached by his brother — I imagine it couldn’t hurt to keep the coaching cogs turning too. The stock market tidbit comes as no surprise. I could definitely see CPJ as an options trader. CPJ coaching defense came as a bit of a surprise, but why not. The man is a great coach. And what more evidence do you need than the fact that that middle school team went undefeated and Lamar Jackson is the NFL’s likely MVP this season.
GT volleyball advances in postseason play
That's a SWEEP ! We're headed to the @WomensNIVC SEMIFINALS! #PointTech pic.twitter.com/y5afClso3z— Georgia Tech Volleyball (@GTVolleyball) December 11, 2019
Congratulations to the Yellow Jackets volleyball team. They swept Liberty University in the quarterfinal round of the National Invitational Volleyball Championship to reach the semifinals. #GoJackets
Georgia Tech lost one of its legends. Former Tech halfback Leon Hardeman passed away at the age of 87. Here’s some interesting facts about him:
- 1952 Southeastern Conference Player of the Year
- MVP of Georgia Tech’s 1952 national championship game
- 1961 inductee to Georgia Tech Sports Hall of Fame
Tech’s men’s basketball team certainly has a big challenge ahead of it. On Saturday they take on the eighth ranked Kentucky Wildcats. The article points out how Tech and Kentucky have both been plagued by shooting woes as well as injuries. At 4-3 on the season, the Yellow Jackets will be fighting to remain above .500. The Yellow Jackets will be on the road for this game as tipoff is set for 5:00 PM at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.