Over the weekend, seven former Yellow Jacket athletes and staff were inducted into the Georgia Tech Sports Hall of Fame. Here is the list of the 2019 inductees:
- Tashard Choice, Football (2005-07)
- Caitlin Lever, Softball (2005-07)
- Derrick Morgan, Football (2007-09)
- Danny Payne, Baseball (2005-07)
- Jay Shoop, Head Athletic Trainer (1987-99, 2002-17)
- Alison Silverio, Tennis (2004-07)
- Cameron Tringale, Golf (2005-09)
Congratulations to this year’s inductees!
The opening sentence of this article says a lot about Tech’s potential: “Georgia Tech exploded for 227 yards of offense and 22 points in the second half.” Going into Saturday’s game and up to the end of the first half, that’s something I never would have expected to say or hear at this stage of the season. So, despite the loss, I’d say I am encouraged by where the team is right now. There’s still issues with both the offensive and defensive lines, but those will be addressed and (hopefully) improved upon over time. Though Tech did rush for 150 yards, over 100 of those yards came in the second half and those were on two big rushing plays. So, one thing I’d like to see as well is an improvement in their running game. Their time of possession for the game was only 23:06 and it’s hard to win games that way.
Some interesting highlights from this article:
- As the article implies, more turnovers would be nice. Hats off to Antwan Owens on his first career interception. Those are rare for defensive linemen, so that was no small feat.
- Yup, David Curry had a monster game. Congratulations to him on setting another personal best with 16 tackles.
- Tech’s defense definitely has to improve its performance on third-down. Let’s hope they can do that in time for their next game.
The Georgia Tech volleyball team fell to Notre Dame yesterday 3-1. Their next match is on Wednesday as they travel to face off against Clemson. Let’s hope they’re able to bounce back with a victory there. #GoJackets