On a Saturday chock full of scares for big-time college football programs, Georgia Tech was fortunate to dispatch Mercer without a great deal of stress. The offense moved the ball early, but after a Marcus Marshall fumble and a quick TD by Mercer. Many Tech fans were thinking about what happened to Clemson and georgia earlier today. Perhaps we should just be thankful it wasn’t that stressful.
- The Trey Klock injury is something to watch. The OL depth is already not great
- Brandon Adams, Parker Braun, and Taquon Marshall had their redshirts burned. Marshall could have redshirted after playing last year.
- It wasn’t perfect, but the offense was crisper than last week.
- I’m not sure Ted Roof knows what a screen pass is.
- Brandon Adams was an immovable object in the center of the defense in limited action, but needs to work on his pad level a bit. He won’t offer much on the edge, but it’s nice to finally have a potential anchor for the defense.
- Glanton looked really quick, I’d like to see him get some more playing time. A 5 DT rotation could benefit the defense considerably.
- Mercer focused on exploiting Tech’s soft underneath zones the entire game, and had decent success. They won’t be the last team to use this approach with success this year.
What did you think of the game, Tech fans? Look for a much more detailed story to come soon from Tyler Duke!