The UDFAs So Far (Will be Updated)
.@patrickskov24 has signed a free agent deal with @Browns #ProJackets https://t.co/LnUMskhecv pic.twitter.com/hX9oldVaf4— GeorgiaTech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) May 1, 2016
.@cmilt912 has signed a free agent deal with @Colts #ProJackets https://t.co/4joddf7Xgc pic.twitter.com/tRd4Sik6Fr— GeorgiaTech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) May 1, 2016
.@TylerMarcordes has signed a free agent deal with @Chargers #ProJackets https://t.co/KpFeQ8uwot pic.twitter.com/xeq1UhsM9a— GeorgiaTech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) May 1, 2016
Broderick Snoddy has signed a free agent deal with @packers #ProJackets https://t.co/qWMSKcqqv3 pic.twitter.com/1uORUb0abp— GeorgiaTech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) May 1, 2016
Demond Smith has signed a free agent deal with @packers #ProJackets https://t.co/qWMSKc8PDv pic.twitter.com/0a349RHEwR— GeorgiaTech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) May 1, 2016
Jamal Golden is headed for @AtlantaFalcons rookie minicamp #ProJackets pic.twitter.com/uoinvtKMyF— GeorgiaTech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) May 1, 2016
- It's hard for fullbacks to find spots on rosters in the modern NFL, but Skov landed in a good spot on a Browns team that is currently undergoing a massive overhaul. Skov's ability to protect the QB will be valuable to the Browns and injury prone QB Robert Griffin III.
- Chris Milton will likely primarily play special teams for the Colts. If he plays on defense, I actually see him more at safety(his first position at Tech) than corner. I don't know that he has the hips for corner. The Colts were infamous for some notoriously bad special teams moments last season. Let's hope they don't put Milton in any of those types of impossible situations.
- I like the fit for Marcordes in San Diego. He'll likely be a special teams contributor as well, but it's important to remember that Marcordes backed up Chargers EDGE Jeremiah Attaochu his first year in Al Groh's 3-4 defense. It was only in Ted Roof's 4-3 scheme that he was moved inside. Marcordes could provide depth behind Attaochu for the Chargers.
- Snoddy will provide a great deal of speed to a Packers backfield that has an abundance of power backs. If he makes the team, he could provide a change-up on 3rd down and be a weapon out of the backfield for Aaron Rodgers
- Smith will have the opportunity to learn from one of the best safeties in recent Georgia Tech history, Morgan Burnett. While the Packers are set at both starting safety positions, Smith will compete for a shot to provide depth to Green Bay's defense.
- Jamal Golden will have an opportunity to try out at Falcons' minicamp. It's important to note the difference in the wording of the tweets here. While the other players signed UDFA deals, Golden accepted a camp invite, which doesn't involve signing a contract. Golden will have to perform well at camp and catch the eye of the coaches to get a contract. While Atlanta drafted a safety in the first round, Golden is more of a Free Safety than Keanu Neal. Neal is a thumper who will play strong safety in Dan Quinn's defense, which uses a lot of Cover 3. It's unlikely that Neal and Golden will be competing for the same spot.
We will continue to update this thread as more information is available!