Here are some famous sports quotes. My favorite Yogi Berra quote is, "Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."
Add yours in the comments.
1. "Luck is the residue of design." Branch Rickey
2. "The harder I practice, the luckier I get." Ted Williams.
3. "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." John Wooden
4. "'Potential' means you ain't done it yet." Duffy Daugherty (one-time Michigan State coach).
5. "If you yell at a kid and he gets mad at you, you've lost him. If you yell at a kid and he gets mad at himself, then you have something." Pete Carril
6. "I won't quit on a player who doesn't quit on himself." Charlie Manuel
7. "Win now, and we'll walk together forever." Fred Shero
8. "The reason I win is that I think five shots ahead." Willie Mosconi
9. "Sports don't develop character, they reveal it." Attributed to many
10. "All that analysis is well and good, but what I need right now is a left-handed batter who can hit the ball over the shortstop's head." Casey Stengel
11. "Am I a great manager? Huh. I was blessed to have a front office that found great talent, and then I was smart enough to stay the hell out of their way." Sparky Anderson
12. "Our chief want in life is to have someone who can challenge us beyond what we ourselves could do alone." Attributed in some form to Ralph Waldo Emerson (okay, so he wasn't a known sportsman).
13. "The reason I play so hard is that somewhere out there is some kid who has never seen me play before, and I don't want to disappoint him." Joe DiMaggio
14. "There is no "i" in 'team,' but there is one in 'win.'" Michael Jordan