Do you have a knack for writing, presenting an argument or writing in detail about current events, based on dynamic flow of information? Are you a college student who is looking for additional writing experience and mentorship to lay the foundation for a career in sports journalism? Do you want to help join what we believe should be the premier website for Georgia Tech sports, news, and commentary on the Internet?
If any of the above ring true, awesome. We'd love to have you at From the Rumble Seat. FTRS is looking to add several new writers to our team.
We'd like our writers to be able to commit to publishing at least 1-2 articles a week, on Georgia Tech-related topics of their choosing. That specifically includes football, basketball (men's and women's), and baseball, but extends to anything else you'd like to cover in the realm of Georgia Tech athletics.
Depending on your work, dedication and talent, there are always opportunities for talented writers with high enthusiasm and overall creativeness. In particular, we'd love to hear from those that like writing about recruiting (this is a big focus for us right now), Georgia Tech football, and Georgia Tech basketball (though we love non-revenue sports as well).
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong knowledge about Georgia Tech, both current and historical.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write in line with our best practices for growing an audience.
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment.
Previous writing experience is preferred, but not required. Likewise, you are not required to have ever commented here or otherwise done much more than just passing by to be selected. If you'd like to join our team, or would just like more information, please email a resume (and a writing sample) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to having you join our family! Go Jackets!