Each week I will be doing my best to take a deeper look into the stats of each game. You can see all of this year's advanced box scores in the "Advanced Stats and Analysis" story stream. Curious as to what some of the definitions are? Check out Football Study Hall's Advanced Stats Glossary.
|Passing Downs||Quarter Performance|
|Num Plays||24||26||Yards Per Play||Success Rate||Yards Per Play||Success Rate|
|Success Rate||46%||46%||32%||Q1||10.13 (16)||44%||3.0 (15)||33%|
|Avg Yards||9.46||8.19||5.8||Q2||5.32 (22)||41%||8.23 (13)||62%|
|Standard Downs||Q3||5.29 (14)||50%||7.05 (21)||52%|
|GT||UGA||Natl Average||Q4||5.44 (18)||61%||4.35 (20)||35%|
|Num Plays||58||47||Down Performance|
|Avg Yards||4.62||4.77||5.62||Yards Per Play||Success Rate||Yards Per Play||Success Rate|
|Avg Yards||9.67||6.68||6.4||Drive Performance|
|SD/PD Sack Rate||0.0% / 0.0%||10.6% / 0.0%||1.9% / 4.5%||# of Possesions||Avg Start Spot||Explosive Drive %||Methodical Drive %|
|Num Plays||58||32||% of Possible Yards Gained||GT: 62.5%||UGA: 56.1%|
|Success Rate||53%||50%||43%||Georgia Tech Hidden Yards||-4.6|
|Avg Yards||4.53||5.09||5||Turnovers||GT: 2||UGA: 1|
|OverTime:||GT: 3.67 YPP||58.3 SR||12 plays||UGA: 12.5 YPP||100% SR||4 plays|
This was an incredibly well played game by both teams.
- Georgia Tech's defense played so much better than I expected against the run. Take out the 4 huge overtime plays and our numbers look much better. Obviously, you can't just take away those plays. But I don't think anyone thought we would play that well (or at least I didn't).
- For the first time all year our passing offense looked great. We were hitting big plays and were converting them when we need to (46% passing plays is awesome)
- Our standard downs Sack Rate was amazing as well (thanks Jerry). You'd think that with a backup QB making his fist start we could do a little better on pass defense....
- I mean really, we played so well, and so did UGA. Every category is incredibly even, you'd almost think they tied or something....
- The overtime stats....they don't look so good.
Well that is the end of the Advanced Box Scores for the regular season. Any tips or suggestions for the bowl game and next year are welcomed and appreciated.