I was, one of many who attended practice early Saturday morning so that I too could get a taste of Georgia Tech football. It was quite the crowd yesterday and probably because of what I call "The Chick fil A Effect", when you can't have it you want it even more. With practices being closed, everyone came out on Saturday.
Here are my unorganized bulleted thoughts. What are yours?
- Joshua Nesbitt just continues to get bigger, faster, and stronger than everybody else.
- Anthony Allen will be good as he is the social leader of the team. But Nesbitt will be the most important player on the football field.
- I realized I was watching more of the offense than the defense. So I can't give you too much input on 3-4 defense development. Though I did see a couple of good blitzes and big hits on the quarterbacks.
- Tevin Washington needs to make better decisions on what to do with the football.
- Al Groh was not wearing a 3/4 length shirt or a sweatshirt.
- Ho-hum on the passing game.
- It was nice to see Cooper Taylor back on the field again. He looked bigger too.
- Practice ended when Scott Blair went wide right on a 45 yard field goal. I was disappointed CPJ didn't make him kick it again.
Here are some links to get you through until the next practice:
Barrel of Rum talks roster positions
Coley Harvey: Nesbitt keys Jackets in first scrimmage
Doug Roberson: Nesbitt nails scrimmage