Oh boy. It's our turn to host the ACC Roundtable. While we are busy compiling answers and suffering through insults from the other bloggers, FTRS reader ChrisinIndy took a shot at our questions. Look for a Roundtable Roundup Thursday morning. As more responses come in we will blatantly copy Block-C and update the list from around the ACC.
From Old Virginia | Testudo Times | College Game Balls | Tomahawk Nation
Jim Young, ACC Sports Journal | Block-C | BCInterruption
Yet Another NCSU Blog | Tar Heel Mania | On the B.Rink | Gobbler Country
1. Alright fellas, this is your turn to apologize to the Boston College Eagles who went to Hell and back and have now arrived as the 3rd team for the ACC (and only team in the Atlantic) to be bowl eligible. You know you were snickering in the preseason. Also, give a high five to Mark Herzlich for finishing his last treatment of chemo.
Apologize? Apologize to a team that beat Northeastern, Kent State, and Central Michigan on their way to a 6-3 record? C'mon, man. It's really hard for me to apologize to anybody that lost to VPI by 34 and the Domers at all, but I guess I'd buy them a beer and a pat on the back for beating FSU. The fact that they're leading the Atlantic is kinda like Crash Davis hitting the most homers in the minors. Cool stat, but in the long run...it doesn't mean a whole lot. Seriously, Herzlich is a great story and we wish him well in his return. It's hard to not pull for a guy like that.
2. An Orange Bowl victory over a Boise/ TCU or an Orange Bowl victory over a Penn State/ Cincy team - which means more for the conference? Is there even a difference?
3. Enough with the CJ Spillers, the Christian Ponders, and the Jacory Harrises. We wanna talk defense. Who is the defensive POTY thus far in the ACC?
4. Recently, Bird compared the Atlantic to the Big 12 North.Is this a fair comparison? The Coastal is currently 8-2 against the Atlantic. There are still 8 interdivision games left. Can the Atlantic redeem itself this season?
The following should NOT be used in text when referencing the Big 12:
Anyone who is that self-important is worse than anyone in the ACC, including Miami.
5. Tailgating is essential to all things football. In Atlanta, the tailgating game of choice is cornhole. What is your game of choice to pass the time?
6. Let's cut to the chase. There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep. Is your team full of sharks or is your team full of sheep?
7. Create a cocktail in the spirit of your school and explain it to us. Non-edible ingredients are allowed and encouraged.