This exhibition game was such a great idea. The ability for these guys to go out and play a quality 40 minute scrimmage was something that might really kick start this season for this team. There are still a lot of questions to be answered and I will be answering everything throughout the week, but here are the notes from the game.
- Trae Golden started at PG and I expect this for the entire season.
- The Jackets have the ability to play great help defense, especially on picks.
- Solomon played PG some, but reminds me a lot of Mfon. At times he is a great creator, however there is some serious risk involved with his game right now.
- The guards did a great job getting the ball down low to our post players.
- We need to work on defensive rebounding and transition defense
- Marcus Georges-Hunt is playing on such a high level right now. This is great to see before the season even starts!
- The new stress in the "hand check" foul is evident in play, especially early in the game around the perimeter
- Trae has the ability to also drive to the basket
- Halftime Score- 52-26
- At half: 19 Points from Bench, 24 Points in Paint, 12 Points off Turnovers, 9 2nd Chance Points
- Struggled finding the open man on offense
- Kam was great on the offensive boards
- Travis is quick in his dribble to get to the basket
- Solomon was playing quite selfish at times- unfamiliar with the offense?
- Need to find our reliable #2 PG who can take care of the ball- Corey, Travis and Solo struggled
- Stacey and Quinton have potential to have a big year
- BROOKS DOYLE FOR 3!!!
- Final- 90-53 Jackets Win
1. Post Presence
2. Feeding the ball down low from the guards
3. Inbounds Defense- caused a time out and two turnovers
4. Marcus and Robert have really been working hard this offseason to make themselves even better
6. We have the opportunity to play a few different schemes this season. ("4 guard" or a "bigs" line up)- we have 11 players that can ALL play significant time right now.
1. Defensive Rebounds
2. PG ball security
3. Offensive flow