Congratulations to Shayla Bivins, who was named to the 2014 Allstate WBCA Good Works Team! The Allstate WBCA Good Works Team is an off-the-court honor recognizing college basketball student-athletes for their community involvement.
More often than not, college basketball players are remembered for their accomplishments on the court and are rarely recognized for their achievements outside of basketball. Through the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team®, these student-athletes are recognized for their commitment to enriching the lives of others while contributing to the greater good of their communities.
Allstate and the WBCA are honored to announce Bivins to this year’s team. Bivins boasts an impressive resume of community service accomplishments, which include:
- Visiting Bright Futures Academy in West Atlanta to help clean up their campus and mentor children
- Organizing visits to the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House by groups of Georgia Tech student-athletes
- Participating in the annual Michael Isenhour Toy Drive conducted by the GT Athletic Association
From this year’s list of 84 nominees, a final roster of 10 award recipients – comprised of five players from the Division I level and five players from Divisions II, III and the NAIA – were selected by a special voting panel headlined by former University of Tennessee student-athlete, Olympic gold medalist and WNBA star Tamika Catchings.
Members of the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team® will be invited by Allstate to the 2014 NCAA® Women’s Final Four® in Nashville where they will participate in a community project benefitting the city.
- The Bees (Ballers) Are Back in Town: 2014 Georgia Tech Baseball Season Preview
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Recruiting: Meet Jalen Johnson
- Georgia Tech Baseball: Pitching Staff -- More Questions Than Jeopardy
- Georgia Tech Basketball: Yellow Jackets Look for Season Sweep Over Boston College
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Recruiting: Meet Matthew Jordan