Things I don't understand here:
1) USC continues to fall for a second straight week, without so much as a close call, when they were 4,000 miles from home playing Syracuse at MetLife Stadium.
2) Is it me, or was georgia's win less impressive than it looked? As 3-touchdown wins go, I'm not particularly impressed when you're losing with 18 minutes to play (with 3:00 to play in the 3rd, Mizzou led 20-17). I'd give credit for the margin to a) Jarvis Jones being terrifying to play against, and b) Mizzou absolutely falling apart in the 4th quarter. A good conference win? No question. Good enough to move you up 3 spots in the top 10, passing teams who didn't lose or look particularly bad? Not in my opinion.
3) West Virginia didn't play and fell 3 spots....anyone care to explain that one?
4) Ohio State got a first-place vote. I don't think anything else needs to be said.
5) Florida wins in a similar "opponent fell apart" fashion to georgia, though by only 3 points, and moves up 10 spots. WHO THE HELL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?
6) Please observe the "others receiving votes" list. First off, it's enormous, indicating nobody knows who to put where (in other news, it's week 2). Also, notice some of the teams included....Duke Blue Devils (after a 5-TD loss to Stanford), Middle Tennessee St Blue Raiders (lost to McNeese State in Week 1), Arkansas Razorbacks (was it not a foregone conclusion that losing to ULM at home gets you an automatic departing from the top 25?), and the Miami Hurricanes (struggled against BC before getting straight up embarrassed by a solid 39 points against Kansas State). It seems as though some men just want to watch the world burn.
Actual poll after the jump.