First, if you want to read through all 37 pages of Hewitt's contract , you can read it below.
If you don't want to read it all, highlights after The Jump.
2.C It is the intention of the Parties to create an automatic "rollover" provision
so that the Term of this Agreement will always have six (6) years remaining after the
automatic rollover occurs. Commencing April 15, 2005 and on April 15th of each year
thereafter, the Term of this Agreement shall be automatically extended by one (1)
additional year so that, on April 15th of each year, the Term of this Agreement shall be six
(6) years unless the Association determines that an extension rollover not be made and
notifies Hewitt of its decision in writing not less than thirty (30) days prior to April 15th
in any year during the Term. In the event the Association timely notifies Hewitt in
writing that such extension rollover should not be made in accordance with the
immediately preceding sentence, then this Agreement shall be deemed terminated by the
Association without cause (as hereinafter defined) and Association shall compensate
Hewitt in accordance with the terms of Section 10 of this Agreement.
4.A-B Salary Compensation
For 2010-11 and subsequent Contract Years, the Minimum Compensation shall be in an
amount negotiated between Hewitt and Association, but in no event less than $1,375,000
per Contract Year.
4.F Exemplary Performance Highlights
- Hewitt receives $30,000 or 1/12th of his base salary if Tech wins the ACC regular season
- Hewitt receives $40,000 or 1/13th of his base salary if Tech wins the ACC tournament
- $30,000 bonus if Tech makes the NCAA Tournament
- $10,000 for each game Tech wins in the 1st or 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament
- $25,000 for each game Tech wins in the 3rd or 4th Round of the NCAA Tournament
- $40,000 if Tech wins the National Semifinal
- $80,000 if Tech wins the National Championship
The contract may get terminated for the following reasons:
1. For Cause: Conviction of a crime that exceeds $1,000 or 1 year in prison, failure to perform duties stated in the contract, or violating NCAA code
2. Without Cause: For some reason that isn't defined under "For Cause"
3. For Good Reason: David Braine leaves Georgia Tech and Paul Hewitt decides to leave Tech within 2 years of Braine leaving OR Paul Hewitt goes to the NBA
4. Upon the death of Paul Hewitt - self-defined
5. Upon the disability of Paul Hewitt - self-defined
6. Voluntary resignation - self- defined